Sea Kayak Essentials volume 2
This DVD is a valuable resource for sea kayakers wishing to paddle safely in open water conditions, developing problem avoidance strategies and effective rescue techniques.
Chapters Include :
- Safe Paddling : planning & anticipation ; communication ; route choice and positioning.
- Incident Management : principles for organising rescues ; care of self, team and casualty.
- Deep Water Rescues : solid foundations ; assisted rescues ; problem solving.
- Towing Skills : equipment options ; releasable tows ; contact tows ; multiple tows.
- Self-Rescues : re-entry & roll ; scramble ; paddle float ; rolling skills
Applied skills chapters include :
- Launching & Landing : safe strategies ; options in challenging conditions.
- Rocky Shores : safe rock hopping ; anchored rescues ; lee shore rescues ; team rescues.
- Rough Water & Tide Races : problem avoidance ; rough water rescues ; use of towlines.
There are also chapters dealing with paddling skills, group management concerns and equipment issues.
Essential skills are broken down into core foundations, with exercises and progressions in more challenging conditions.
Over 110 minutes of sea kayak safety and rescue skills. Practical solutions for challenging open sea conditions.
Sea Kayak Essentials VOL2 is only available in PAL format.